Stocks In Focus In Premarket Trade, Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Stocks In Focus In Premarket Trade
- Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL) stock plummeted 7.9% by 8:05 AM ET (12:05 GMT) after the Google parent reported its slowest revenue growth in three years. due to increased competition in advertising, which accounts for over 85% of its revenue. Profit was also hit by a big antitrust fine from the European Union.
- General Electric (NYSE:GE) stock surged 8.2% after the company’s cash flow problems eased in the first quarter, although it warned that problems with Boeing’s 737 MAX planes represented a “new risk”. GE makes engines for the plane.
- McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) stock jumped 3.2% after the company’s first-quarter revenue, profit and same-store sales all topped analysts’ estimates.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) stock gained 1.0% reported better-than-expected quarterly results and lifted its full-year profit forecast on rising sales of some of its pharmaceuticals.
- Merck & Co (NYSE:MRK) stock gained 0.9% after first-quarter earnings topped consensus. It raised its full-year outlook thanks to increasing sales of its cancer immunotherapy Keytruda.
- Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) stock slid 3.8% as the company reported mixed quarterly results and cut its 2019 revenue and profit forecasts on expected price declines in the U.S. and increased competition from generic drugs.
- Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) stock slumped 5.5% as fiscal third-quarter sales and profit missed expectations.
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) stock was little changed as Virgin Australia said it would delay receiving deliveries of the company’s 737 MAX jets for nearly two years. The company also disclosed another glitch with the airplane’s safety alerts.
The Article & News Update Is Edited & Published & Contributed By Alaa Tabib Senior Technical Analyst Gulf Brokers DMCC A Regulated & Licensed Broker by SCA & DGCX & UAE Laws
For Further Services & Or Information, Please Do Not Hesitate To Contact Our Expert Alaa At DGCX@Gulfbrokers.Ae
Reuters & CNN & CNBC May Have Contributed To This Article