Stocks In Focus In Premarket Trade – Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Stocks In Focus In Premarket Trade
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock jumped 5.9% after the company increased its buyback program and raised its dividend. The company’s quarterly results, posted after the bell Tuesday, had shown signs of the recent decline in iPhone sales levelling off, and solid increases in other revenue lines such as services and iPads.
- Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:AMD) stock rose 5.4%, after its high-spec Ryzen chip contributed to a big expansion in gross margins in the first quarter.
- Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) was down 2.4% despite same-store sales marginally exceeding expectations in the three months to March.
- Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) was up 0.6% after unveiling a revamp of its app and platform in response to criticism of how it treats user data.
- CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) stock leaped 5.4% after a strong first quarter led it to raise its earnings outlook for 2019.
- Humana (NYSE:HUM) stock, which has fallen 10% this year while the S&P 500 has rallied, rose 1.8% after the company raised its full-year guidance on the back of an 8% earnings beat in the first quarter.
- Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) stock fell 1.0% on profit-taking despite a raft of broker upgrades; it had surged nearly 8% on Tuesday in response to a 50% rise in first-quarter revenue, which more than compensated for a widening operating loss.
The Article & News Update Is Edited & Published & Contributed By Alaa Tabib Senior Technical Analyst Gulf Brokers DMCC A Regulated & Licensed Broker by SCA & DGCX & UAE Laws
For Further Services & Or Information, Please Do Not Hesitate To Contact Our Expert Alaa At DGCX@Gulfbrokers.Ae
Reuters & CNN & CNBC May Have Contributed To This Article