Stocks In Focus In Premarket Trading
- Boeing (NYSE:BA) rose 1.6% by 8:15 AM ET (12:15 GMT) as its first-quarter report brought no new disappointments beyond those already priced in. The company suffered a 21% fall in profit and suspended its 2019 guidance as it struggles to fix its 737 Max, grounded worldwide after two deadly crashes.
- Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE:APC) stock rose 11.4% after Occidental Petroleum(NYSE:OXY) bid $76 a share for the company, 17% more than Chevron (NYSE:CVX) had bid for it two weeks ago.
- AT&T (NYSE:T) stock was down 2.2% after its first quarter was hit by declining sales in its WarnerMedia unit.
- Snap (NYSE:SNAP) stock jumped 2.2% after it reported an increase in the number of daily active users and a net loss that was less than expected.
- Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN) stock fell 1.4% after it said slowing demand for semiconductors could hit its sales over the next few quarters.
- Six Flags (NYSE:SIX) stock rose 1.7% after its reported loss of $0.82 per share on revenues of $128.2 million was better than forecast.
- Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) inched up 0.2% after it raised its profit forecast for the year due to a tax gain from last year’s change of the U.S. tax code.
- Pacific Gas & Electric (NYSE:PCG) stock gained 4% even as Warren Buffett told CNBC that his company, Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:Brka), would not buy the troubled utility. The company had surged 25% earlier in the day after a report suggested the two were in talks over a possible buyout.
“Published & Edited By: Senior Financial Analyst. Alaa Tabib – Gulf Brokers DMCC – Regulated & Licensed By SCA & DGCX”
“Reuters & CNN & CNBC Arabia May Have Contributed To This Article”